Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] could be one sided political long----not for Obam...

  • KATHYSFULLMOON@aol.com
    Message 1 of 66 , Nov 1, 2008
      I work a business that makes over $250,000 however their are 4 of us left- out of 15 people, How can that be big business? And all of this is made up? The tapes were faked? These people are not like that?
      Now who is corrupt?  When you charge a higher tax rate to companies, they will take their business else where, that's just good sense. So jobs are lost, I have been working since I was 14, I am 45. why should I pay for people who don't work? One good reason?

      Corrupt News media? How about all the major networks? After watching Gibbison, be verbally "attack" Palin
      expose himself as bipartisan, I have given up on News views.
      Kathy in Naples

    • JDJones
      Message 66 of 66 , Nov 5, 2008
        I think it is significant that Christ, *THE* example for Christians (i.e., "Christ-likes"), did not kill or otherwise harm anyone.  One stern table-dumping does not equal the death penalty.  There's no use of weapons, no fisticuffs, no slapping, not so much as a noogie or a wedgie or a name-calling, only "gospel armor."  After being tortured, there was forgiveness, not retribution, and if one believes Christ is an aspect of God, that is absolute, not a delay of divine punishment.  If the OT covenant was fulfilled, that is the end of it, not an addition to it.  It is people who want violence and retribution and blood, not Christ.

        As for the book of Revelation (there's no "s"), even the most conservative of Christians should consider the evidence that this is not a book about things to come, but a coded description of things that have passed during the times of persecution by the Romans.  By the way, did those early and persecuted Christians ever organize an armed uprising against their tormentors?  Did all those horribly mangled martyrs put up a fight while they were being tortured?  Did a body of early Christians organize a pre-emptive strike for revenge when they had built up some numbers and could better attack their oppressors?  No, they did not.

        JanisCJ
        From: JerseyMom5@...
        Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:13:59 -0500
        Subject: [MarvWalkerHorses] Re: could be one sided political long----not for Obam...

        "I do not see anywhere that Christ encouraged anyone to seek "retribution" against anyone else"

        Exactly my point - you misunderstood my post - The turn the other cheek comment is when you are persecuted unfairly you do not seek retribution - Luke 6:29 - And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other, and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. It's not talking about the consequences of breaking the law.

        As for Christ's message being about love, acceptance and tolerance - I believe you are wrong.  Christ's message is repent, believe and be saved.  He had no tolerance for the money changers in the temple - or the scribes and pharisees.  There is no reference in the New Testament of telling someone their sins were forgiven if their hearts weren't right. In fact Jesus speaks of those who bear no fruit being burned ! in! the fire (John 15), He says "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity", (Matt. 7:23) - the entire message of Revelation is of Christ the Judge throwing those who are evil into hell.  I don't see too much love, acceptance and tolerance going on there. The love, acceptance and redemption (not tolerance) is only for those whose sins are covered by His sacrifice - those who are saved.

        Cindy