RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] Horse Question...Rain Rot

  • Amy Collier
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 31, 2008

      What do you think this is, a HORSE list?  Sheesh!  The nerve of some people!

      Amy

    • Gordon
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008
        "What do you think this is, a HORSE list?  Sheesh!  The nerve of some people!

        Amy

        "

        ROFL!!!!

        Well said Amy!<VBG> ....What's a 'horse'?<EBG>

        Gordon
      • Roue Alexander
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008
          Sorry Amy I am the lurker an don't get into your politic talks.....bores me and not very friendly to boot.......LOL

                               Be yourself.
          No one can ever tell you your doing it wrong.

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008

            That’s alright, Roue, we’ll let it slide this time….besides, the thought of politics right now makes me nauseous.  Today, I’m going to play with my horses and take care of my sick 13 year old.

            Amy

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008

              Have fun with the horses, hope the kiddo feels better.

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008

                Thank you, Jill!  I appreciate that!

                Amy

                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008
                  At 10:27 PM 10/31/2008, you wrote:

                  thanks Marv..saving this.

                  my chestnut mare had rr once..they say Chestnuts commonly have sensitive skin..do you find that to be true?

                  Nope.

                  Marv "But, there is a lot of stuff I don't find to be true so I suppose
                  some of it is." Walker

                  At 09:36 PM 10/31/2008, you wrote:

                  OH  YEA a horse question (LOL)  I moved my 2 mares to a new stable at the end of August and early this month i have found that BOTH have got Rain Rot.  YUCK   Need some ideas on how to get ride of it.  I am in Western NY so bathing is out of the question right now.  Help please I know that we just talked about this not that long ago, thought I kept it but can't find it.

                  1 cup of Apple Cider vinegar, real stuff, not fake, 1 cup of Absorbine
                  horse liniment, yellow bottle.  Put in an empty gallon jug, fill the rest
                  with water.

                  Put in sprayer, mist areas twice a day, if possible, for two days or so
                  then skip a day and that should do it.

                  Marv "After a day of skipping you won't notice the RR." Walker

                • kljordan
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 1, 2008
                    Hey, Marv, what's skipping got to do with rain rot?  Just picturing Rou skipping down to the barn every third day.  He'll be too tired to care about rain rot.

                    Keith

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 2, 2008
                      Hey Keith........I'm a girl..............Rou the oh so lovely lurker

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 2, 2008
                        Ah don't worry about it................LOL

                                             Be yourself.
                        No one can ever tell you your doing it wrong.

                        Sorry typo at 2 am ! I stand corrected !

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 3, 2008

                          I have had great success with gold bond antifungal foot powder for during the winter time. It cured my TB’s winter time rain rot.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 3, 2008

                              Mixture of generic Listerine, chlorhexidine gluconate, and baby oil….works great!!!

                              Generic Listerine works pretty well too.

                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 3, 2008

                                Move to the desert.  No such thing as rain rot here.

                                Amy

                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 3, 2008

                                  Ah…what a simple solution.  LOL!!