RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] Study of healing touch

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 79 , Sep 1, 2007
      It may be that human presence is enough.  If nothing else, I know for me, it makes me feel better.  While I know in this case that no touching actually occurs, the attention, and possibly the sense of warmth, could make someone else feel better.

      I've always believed that everything can be tested.  My problem with healing touch isn't so much if it works, as I think the explanation is wrong.  I'm not sure there are "energy fields" being manipulated.  Energy is something we can measure.  If it isn't being measured, then it just isn't there.

      Charles

      Message 79 of 79 , Sep 3, 2007
        oh!  your poor baby!

        i know it's only been a couple of days, but how's he doing?

        ann

        sunset6164@... wrote:
        My 4 week old baby goat ran out of the pen tonight and got into the horse paddock.  Before I could get to him. One of the horses charged.  He was kicked.  I picked him up and rushed to the only vet in town that will see a farm animal.  He was out of town.  I was in a panic so I took him to the vet that takes care of my cats & dogs.  He examined him and said that he couldn't find anything broken.  He had a small cut just above the left eye, but both pupils looked equal in size.  He said that he didn't know much about goats but he suggested a shot of antibiotics.  I also gave him nutri-drench when I got back home.  I had to separate him form his mother because she was butting him a lot.  I don't think she was being mean because she was butting his sibling also.  I put a wire panel up between the babies and momma.  They can be next to each other through the fence.  I left his sister in there with him so he wouldn't be alone.  Would the antibiotics make him sleepy?  I forgot to ask the vet.  All he wants to do is lay down and sleep.  Is there anything I can do but wait?  Vet said there is always the possibility of swelling in the brain.  I have a knot in my stomach about the size of Texas.  When you say your prayers tonight, please say one for little "Dinky".

        Marilyn in MS

        Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour

               Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.   ~Matthew 5:8

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.