RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] twitching and spasm help - thanks!

  • Amy Collier
    Message 1 of 79 , Aug 31, 2007
      I actually have an ice cream maker.  It's about 50 years old and makes the BEST ice cream ever!  I haven't used it in a long time so maybe I'll pull it out.
      Amy

      Message 79 of 79 , Sep 3, 2007
        oh!  your poor baby!

        i know it's only been a couple of days, but how's he doing?

        ann

        sunset6164@... wrote:
        My 4 week old baby goat ran out of the pen tonight and got into the horse paddock.  Before I could get to him. One of the horses charged.  He was kicked.  I picked him up and rushed to the only vet in town that will see a farm animal.  He was out of town.  I was in a panic so I took him to the vet that takes care of my cats & dogs.  He examined him and said that he couldn't find anything broken.  He had a small cut just above the left eye, but both pupils looked equal in size.  He said that he didn't know much about goats but he suggested a shot of antibiotics.  I also gave him nutri-drench when I got back home.  I had to separate him form his mother because she was butting him a lot.  I don't think she was being mean because she was butting his sibling also.  I put a wire panel up between the babies and momma.  They can be next to each other through the fence.  I left his sister in there with him so he wouldn't be alone.  Would the antibiotics make him sleepy?  I forgot to ask the vet.  All he wants to do is lay down and sleep.  Is there anything I can do but wait?  Vet said there is always the possibility of swelling in the brain.  I have a knot in my stomach about the size of Texas.  When you say your prayers tonight, please say one for little "Dinky".

        Marilyn in MS

        Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour

               Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.   ~Matthew 5:8

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.