Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Blankets

(49428)
  • equimatch
    Dec 16, 2013 Expand Messages
      thank you, everyone!!  you've been an amazing help!!

      ann

      On Monday, December 16, 2013 8:13 PM, Margo Nielsen <margon@...> wrote:

      Custom made and inexpensive sounds like the way to go!
      Margo

      On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM, equimatch <equimatch@...> wrote:

      there's a lot of amish around here!  I didn't even think of that, sher!  thanks!  the guy I board with just introduced me to a meminite (spelling?) place that has feed and tack.  I noticed that they make saddles.  i'll have to ask them if they'll make a blanket a blanket that will fit chant.  his withers are sticking out pretty badly, and he is really long.

      margo, I considered, at this point, finding a king size flannel or fleece sheet and fashioning something for him.  all the blankets and sheets that I find that I like, and price isn't too bad, are out of his size :(

      it doesn't have to be pretty, just help keep the chill off while he re-coups...and I'd rather it not rub on his withers.

      thanks all!!

      ann

      On Monday, December 16, 2013 6:33 PM, Sherry Lindon <lindonontime@...> wrote:

      I had the Amish make a Blanket for Dancer who was really long backed. It was a tarp shop but they made lots of blankets for standardbreds. It was good quality for the price. Cheaper than any of the commercial  ones. It was lined and nice and warm.

      sher in ohio