Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

49379Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Sticky breeding certificate question

Expand Messages
  • Margo Nielsen
    Aug 20, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Oooh! Silver dapple. Sounds lovely!

      On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Janis <jdjones@...> wrote:
      Start by calling the registry, asking them what their preferred procedure
      is.  Some registries will bar members who supply an obviously wrong document
      for registration.

      If that registry requires the stallions to be DNA tested with the results
      attached to their records, all you need to do is get the foal's DNA tested
      to prove paternity.  Those tests are absolute, and the registry can then
      have more info for a decision.  They'll know there's no way the DNA and foal
      color confirms the breeding cert.  If they won't do anything at that point,
      then go for a formal complaint.

      Very often, people will be swayed to make something right when they realize
      they are about  to be under a bright spotlight of facts. :)


      -----Original Message-----
      From: CJ
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:55 PM
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MarvWalkerHorses] Sticky breeding certificate question

      I purchased a mare in foal in September 2012 - she was sold to me not
      guaranteed to be in foal, but the previous owner gave me a breeding
      certificate to a homozygous paint stud for the dates 5/15/12 through
      6/15/2012. Just in case she was not in foal I pastured her with my homozyg.
      stud Sept 15 2012. On July 18 2013 she gave birth to a silver dapple baby -
      too late and wrong color for the certificate I have, and too early and wrong
      color for my stud. Baby was definitely not premature - obviously one of her
      other studs caught her.

      Problem now is the breeder is hemming/hawing saying it's not any of her
      studs - but she has a silver dun stud right on her website! Anyone got any
      suggestions? Someone told me to call the registry and file a formal
      complaint - and I know I could get a DNA test to prove it's not my stud -
      anyone else every have this happen? I've got to get this little one sold
      asap for my farm tax assessment. Is it worth complaining to the registry?
      And does anyone know the best place to have dna testing done on mane/tail



      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

      <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

      Margo Nielsen
      View Margo's Architectural work at: www.nielsenhausdesigns.com 
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic