      From: CJ
      Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:55 PM
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MarvWalkerHorses] Sticky breeding certificate question

      I purchased a mare in foal in September 2012 - she was sold to me not
      guaranteed to be in foal, but the previous owner gave me a breeding
      certificate to a homozygous paint stud for the dates 5/15/12 through
      6/15/2012. Just in case she was not in foal I pastured her with my homozyg.
      stud Sept 15 2012. On July 18 2013 she gave birth to a silver dapple baby -
      too late and wrong color for the certificate I have, and too early and wrong
      color for my stud. Baby was definitely not premature - obviously one of her
      other studs caught her.

      Problem now is the breeder is hemming/hawing saying it's not any of her
      studs - but she has a silver dun stud right on her website! Anyone got any
      suggestions? Someone told me to call the registry and file a formal
      complaint - and I know I could get a DNA test to prove it's not my stud -
      anyone else every have this happen? I've got to get this little one sold
      asap for my farm tax assessment. Is it worth complaining to the registry?
      And does anyone know the best place to have dna testing done on mane/tail
      hairs?

      CJ
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic