Elgar

  • Francis Biley
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 3, 2004
      Hi

      Just bought Elgar's "Sea Pictures/Music Makers", the Music Makers being a poem
      by Arthur O'Shaunessy; the opening verse reminded me more than a bit of what it
      is like to be a Rogerian in a world that doesnt realise it is all Rogerian:

      We are the music makers,
      And we are the dreamer of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams
      World-losers and world-forsakers
      On whom the pale moon gleams:
      Yet we are the movers and the shakers
      Of the world forever, it seems.

      Anyway thought you might lik eit on this monday morning.

      Fran

      =====

      http://vote.yahoo.com
    • bear
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 4, 2004
        Fran et al,

        A wonderful way to kick off the week in my new office...

        Thanks,

        bear

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 4, 2004
          Fran: Great poem...thanks. Monday morning is a beautiful fall day in NJ.
          Barbara Wright

        • Francis Biley
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 25, 2004
            I few posts back I identified that Blackwells allow authors to post pdf's on
            their own internet pages; I just stumbled into Haworth Publishers publication
            agreements and they say the same, authors are allowed to freely distribute
            pdf's and post on websites and etc. Seems like it might be, or become, common
            practice?

            Fran

            =====

            http://vote.yahoo.com