No activity in last 7 days
This group is devoted to the appreciation of the operas and music of Heinrich Marschner (1795—1861), whose operas were the bridge between the work of Weber and Wagner. While Wagner swamped his memory in the wake of his more ponderous musical dramas, Marschner is well worth remembering and rediscovering. His biography can be found at: http://www.jmucci.com/opera/marshbio.htm which includes the list of his 20-some operas.
- Feb 13, 2002
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.