Re: Who is this?

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 22, 2007
      The photo is in jpeg format, you can right click & Save Pictur as &
      you've got it along with the other one here

      http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Pg-01.htm

      The originals are much larger & I can convert full sized ones if you
      like, but you'll have to tell me where to e-mail them

      Thanx again to John Switzer who made these wonderful shots available
      for the www.laprecord.com checkered past feature

      I would love to have access to more photos to feature now that we
      are in off season. Quite a few people have entrusted their photos to
      me to scan including Bob Krokus, Tony Adamowicz, Dick Gilmartin &
      others. Thanx again to all who of you

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, <donaldfrye@...> wrote:

      > Is there any chance you can convert that photo to a JPEG so I can
      print it out for Rob. I'm sure he would appreciate adding it to his
      files and memories.

    • donaldfrye@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 22, 2007
        Steve :

        Who was the guy in the #33 Porsche with the "Heishman's" sponsorship on the side? I think his name was John something or other and I spent 2 weeks at Army reserve camp talking to him about sport cars. I later learned later that this guy was a real Porsche hot shoe. Great guy! What ever became of him?

        Don

        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
          It is John Moore (see top photo)

          http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-05/Ch-Index.htm

          Rick Mandelson tells me that he passed on, some time ago I gather,

          Rick, feel free to chime in

          http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Ch-Index.htm

          (Bottom 2 photos)

        • donaldfrye2001
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
            Hey Steve:

            Thanks for the tip on downloading the photos. I am going to print
            them and give them to Rob when I see him in a couple of weeks. I know
            he'll get a kick out of them. He may even make postage stamps out of
            them as he did a shot that was taken of him at the Daytona ARRC.

            Thanks again.

            Don

            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
              Hi Don,

              When you see Bob say hi & if you could get a copy of that entry
              list, that would be more than great

              Still trying to identify the #9 car & two different cars #11 & 59
              have both been identified as George Frey, which seems unlikely since
              I think all these photos were taken during the same race

              --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "donaldfrye2001"

            • peterv31@aol.com
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                May be John Moore, he worked at Heishman's in the 60's and reced a red? speedster.
                Used to race against him in the same class with an MG-B.
                John Moore passed away in Aug? 2007.

                Pete van der Vate

              • Marcus Buzz
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                  I knew that, just wanted to be a part of the Q and A. He was from Allentown and was Fasssst

                  The Buzzman zoooooman along

                  Does anyone know who this is chasing Bob Krokus?

                  http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Pg-03. htm

                  Thanx,
                  Steve

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                  It has removed 441 spam emails to date.
                  Try SPAMfighter for free now!

                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                    Hi Peter,

                    John is in the Heishman's car in that same set, not the number 9 car

                    http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Pg-06.htm

                    Got an e-mail from a couple days ago from the guy who has your
                    Duetto & a GTA, looking for photos of the cars

                    I had previously connected him with Pete Luongo & we was looking to
                    find Barry Tenin & others

                    His GTA is an ex-Kwech car

                    --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:

                    > May be John Moore, he worked at Heishman's in the 60's and reced a
                    red?
                    > speedster.
                    > Used to race against him in the same class with an MG-B.
                    > John Moore passed away in Aug? 2007.
                    >
                    > Pete van der Vate
                    >

                    > **************************************Check out AOL's list of
                    2007's hottest
                    > products.
                    > (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?
                    NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

                  • Marcus Buzz
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                      Bob lives in Sebring and comes to the races every so often. I have seen him every year for the last 7 or so. Doing just fine

                      The Buzzman zoooooman along

                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                        Hi Steve, good to hear from you, hope you are doing well

                        Pete van der Vate

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                          Steve/Don

                          Yes, unfortunately John passed last year.  The picture of him with Charlie Wenger and I should joggle Don's recollection of John.

                          Rick Mandelson
                          Ellicott City, Maryland

                          Rick Mandelson tells me that he passed on, some time ago I gather,

                          Rick, feel free to chime in

                          http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Ch-Index. htm

                          (Bottom 2 photos)

                          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, <donaldfrye@ ...> wrote:

                          > Steve :
                          >
                          > Who was the guy in the #33 Porsche with the "Heishman's"
                          sponsorship on the side? I think his name was John something or
                          other and I spent 2 weeks at Army reserve camp talking to him about
                          sport cars. I later learned later that this guy was a real Porsche
                          hot shoe. Great guy! What ever became of him?

                          > Don
                          >

                          > >From: Steve Knoll <sknoll@...>
                          > >Date: 2007/11/22 Thu PM 11:07:50 CST
                          > >To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                          > >Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Who is this?
                          >

                          > >The photo is in jpeg format, you can right click & Save Pictur as
                          &
                          > >you've got it along with the other one here
                          > >
                          > >http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Pg-01. htm
                          > >
                          > >The originals are much larger & I can convert full sized ones if
                          you
                          > >like, but you'll have to tell me where to e-mail them
                          > >
                          > >Thanx again to John Switzer who made these wonderful shots
                          available
                          > >for the www.laprecord. com checkered past feature
                          > >
                          > >I would love to have access to more photos to feature now that we
                          > >are in off season. Quite a few people have entrusted their photos
                          > >me to scan including Bob Krokus, Tony Adamowicz, Dick Gilmartin &
                          > >others. Thanx again to all who of you
                          > >
                          > >--- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, <donaldfrye@ > wrote:
                          > >>
                          > >> Is there any chance you can convert that photo to a JPEG so I
                          can
                          > >print it out for Rob. I'm sure he would appreciate adding it to
                          his
                          > >files and memories.
                          > >>
                          > >> Thanks.
                          > >>
                          > >> Don

                          > >computers
                          > >any
                          > >of

                          > >from
                          W.E.

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                          It has removed 444 spam emails to date.
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
                            Hi Steve:

                            Talked to Rob today and he is going to snail-mail me a copy of the entry sheet. If you can give me your address, I will snail-forward the sheet to you.

                            BTW, I meant to tell you that I recognized John Moore from the photos as the guy who I spent 2 weeks with at reserve camp. Sorry to hear that he passed on. As I said he was a good guy.

                            Don