Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Who is this?

  • donaldfrye@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 22, 2007
      Is there any chance you can convert that photo to a JPEG so I can print it out for Rob. I'm sure he would appreciate adding it to his files and memories.

      Thanks.

      Don

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 22, 2007
        The photo is in jpeg format, you can right click & Save Pictur as &
        you've got it along with the other one here

        http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Pg-01.htm

        The originals are much larger & I can convert full sized ones if you
        like, but you'll have to tell me where to e-mail them

        Thanx again to John Switzer who made these wonderful shots available
        for the www.laprecord.com checkered past feature

        I would love to have access to more photos to feature now that we
        are in off season. Quite a few people have entrusted their photos to
        me to scan including Bob Krokus, Tony Adamowicz, Dick Gilmartin &
        others. Thanx again to all who of you

      • donaldfrye@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 22, 2007
          Steve :

          Who was the guy in the #33 Porsche with the "Heishman's" sponsorship on the side? I think his name was John something or other and I spent 2 weeks at Army reserve camp talking to him about sport cars. I later learned later that this guy was a real Porsche hot shoe. Great guy! What ever became of him?

          Don

          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
            It is John Moore (see top photo)

            http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-05/Ch-Index.htm

            Rick Mandelson tells me that he passed on, some time ago I gather,

            Rick, feel free to chime in

            http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Ch-Index.htm

            (Bottom 2 photos)

          • donaldfrye2001
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
              Hey Steve:

              Thanks for the tip on downloading the photos. I am going to print
              them and give them to Rob when I see him in a couple of weeks. I know
              he'll get a kick out of them. He may even make postage stamps out of
              them as he did a shot that was taken of him at the Daytona ARRC.

              Thanks again.

              Don

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                Hi Don,

                When you see Bob say hi & if you could get a copy of that entry
                list, that would be more than great

                Still trying to identify the #9 car & two different cars #11 & 59
                have both been identified as George Frey, which seems unlikely since
                I think all these photos were taken during the same race

                --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "donaldfrye2001"

              • peterv31@aol.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                  May be John Moore, he worked at Heishman's in the 60's and reced a red? speedster.
                  Used to race against him in the same class with an MG-B.
                  John Moore passed away in Aug? 2007.

                  Pete van der Vate

                • Marcus Buzz
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                    I knew that, just wanted to be a part of the Q and A. He was from Allentown and was Fasssst

                    The Buzzman zoooooman along

                    Does anyone know who this is chasing Bob Krokus?

                    http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Pg-03. htm

                    Thanx,
                    Steve

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                    It has removed 441 spam emails to date.
                    Try SPAMfighter for free now!

                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                      Hi Peter,

                      John is in the Heishman's car in that same set, not the number 9 car

                      http://www.laprecord.com/Part-168/Chap-04/Pg-06.htm

                      Got an e-mail from a couple days ago from the guy who has your
                      Duetto & a GTA, looking for photos of the cars

                      I had previously connected him with Pete Luongo & we was looking to
                      find Barry Tenin & others

                      His GTA is an ex-Kwech car

                      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:

                      > May be John Moore, he worked at Heishman's in the 60's and reced a
                      red?
                      > speedster.
                      > Used to race against him in the same class with an MG-B.
                      > John Moore passed away in Aug? 2007.
                      >
                      > Pete van der Vate
                      >

                      > **************************************Check out AOL's list of
                      2007's hottest
                      > products.
                      > (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?
                      NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

                    • Marcus Buzz
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                        Bob lives in Sebring and comes to the races every so often. I have seen him every year for the last 7 or so. Doing just fine

                        The Buzzman zoooooman along

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                          Hi Steve, good to hear from you, hope you are doing well

                          Pete van der Vate

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 23, 2007
                            Steve/Don

                            Yes, unfortunately John passed last year.  The picture of him with Charlie Wenger and I should joggle Don's recollection of John.

                            Rick Mandelson
                            Ellicott City, Maryland

                            Rick Mandelson tells me that he passed on, some time ago I gather,

                            Rick, feel free to chime in

                            http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Ch-Index. htm

                            (Bottom 2 photos)

                            --- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, <donaldfrye@ ...> wrote:

                            > Steve :
                            >
                            > Who was the guy in the #33 Porsche with the "Heishman's"
                            sponsorship on the side? I think his name was John something or
                            other and I spent 2 weeks at Army reserve camp talking to him about
                            sport cars. I later learned later that this guy was a real Porsche
                            hot shoe. Great guy! What ever became of him?

                            > Don
                            >

                            > >From: Steve Knoll <sknoll@...>
                            > >Date: 2007/11/22 Thu PM 11:07:50 CST
                            > >To: Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com
                            > >Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Who is this?
                            >

                            > >The photo is in jpeg format, you can right click & Save Pictur as
                            &
                            > >you've got it along with the other one here
                            > >
                            > >http://www.laprecor d.com/Part- 168/Chap- 04/Pg-01. htm
                            > >
                            > >The originals are much larger & I can convert full sized ones if
                            you
                            > >like, but you'll have to tell me where to e-mail them
                            > >
                            > >Thanx again to John Switzer who made these wonderful shots
                            available
                            > >for the www.laprecord. com checkered past feature
                            > >
                            > >I would love to have access to more photos to feature now that we
                            > >are in off season. Quite a few people have entrusted their photos
                            > >me to scan including Bob Krokus, Tony Adamowicz, Dick Gilmartin &
                            > >others. Thanx again to all who of you
                            > >
                            > >--- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, <donaldfrye@ > wrote:
                            > >>
                            > >> Is there any chance you can convert that photo to a JPEG so I
                            can
                            > >print it out for Rob. I'm sure he would appreciate adding it to
                            his
                            > >files and memories.
                            > >>
                            > >> Thanks.
                            > >>
                            > >> Don

                            > >computers
                            > >any
                            > >of

                            > >from
                            W.E.

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                            It has removed 444 spam emails to date.
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 26, 2007
                              Hi Steve:

                              Talked to Rob today and he is going to snail-mail me a copy of the entry sheet. If you can give me your address, I will snail-forward the sheet to you.

                              BTW, I meant to tell you that I recognized John Moore from the photos as the guy who I spent 2 weeks with at reserve camp. Sorry to hear that he passed on. As I said he was a good guy.

                              Don