Re: Porsche 911

  • Bob Storck
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2007
      Here is a '86 911 Carrera 3.2 I am spreading the word about for a friend of a very good friend. I have no interest in the car, but am trying to help and get more info on all the bits available and as much mechanical information as possible. As far as we know, it was raced just before the owner's illness, and was in top mechanical shape then.

      Checking the used prices finds similar cars in good condition are running from $16-25K. The widow will take $18K or offers.

      Do any of you DC guys know Tom Holcomb or the car?

      Cheers, Bob

      Bob Storck wrote:
      This is from a VERY good friend in Arlington, VA. The Porsche is apparently a '86 911 Carerra 3.2 set up for PCA track events, very popular back east with the Porsche, Ferrari and BMW folk. It seems to have most of the really neat mods, but I would assume reasonably streetable. It seems that most if not all of the original street equipment is included.
      I have more info coming and my car guy friend Phil is getting ready to look it over (as soon as his Halloween float project for his twin daughters is finished!). Let me know if you know anyone who would be interested.

      1986 Porsche 911
      3.2  litre 6-cylinder engine, manual transmission
      Mileage is 96,664
      Fiberglass whale tail
      B&B sport muffler
      Roll bar
      Camera mount
      Sparco Evo 00858FAZ racing seats
      5-point racing harnesses
      KNN cone air filter assembly
      7" and 9" Fuchs alloy wheels
      Hoosier racing tires (appear to be slicks)
      22 mm front torsion bars
      31 mm rear torsion bars
      22 mm adjustable front and rear sway bars
      Bilstein heavy duty shocks
      Turbo front tie rods
      Performance function racing pads
      Front strut bar
      Performance computer chip

      The car has not been driven in about a year due to the owner's illness.

      Cheers, Bob

      Ray - Gladys wrote:
      Hi Bob,

      Our neighbor Anita lost her husband early this year.  His name was Tom Holcomb, he was 58, and he raced a 1987 Porsche 911.  Anita does not drive, doesn't even have a license, and doesn't even know how much it is worth.  She realizes that the car could be more attractive to regular drivers without the racing seats, belts, etc.  She still has the original passenger seats in her basement. (in one of the pix there appears to be other wheels)

      Ray goes over once a week to start the car.

      Love,
      Gladys

      Arlington, Virginia 22201

    • tcooper@sprintmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 24, 2007

        Bob:

        What is on the steering wheel  on the bottom spoke with a red stripe???

        Ted

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 24, 2007
          My guess would be a switch for the in car video camera. Phil can check
          when he visits.

          It's just what you need Ted!

          Cheers, Bob

          tcooper@... wrote:

          > Bob:
          >
          > What is on the steering wheel on the bottom spoke with a red stripe???
          >
          > Ted

        • Ted Cooper
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007

            Thanks Bob. I not too crazy about the color, Ha! Ha!
            Ted

            tcooper@sprintmail. com wrote:

            > Bob:
            >
            > What is on the steering wheel on the bottom spoke with a red stripe???
            >
            > Ted

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Bob Storck
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
              But it goes so well with your eyes!

              (It offsets the bloodshot lines!)
              Cheers, Bob

              Ted Cooper wrote:

              > Thanks Bob. I not too crazy about the color, Ha! Ha!
              > Ted

            • Ted Cooper
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007

                ytRUE MY EYES ARE BLUE.
                tED
                > Thanks Bob. I not too crazy about the color, Ha! Ha!
                > Ted

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.