Re: Fwd: [Marlboro_Raceway] Do not open any message with an attached filed called "INVITATION

  • Don Haines Photography
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Thanks!  Got it direct.  Will be in FL next couple weekends starting 13th.

      Ed Diehl <mediehljr@...> wrote:

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Ed Diehl

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      To: "Jerry Gay" <jerrygay217@...>,
      "carmel Johnson" <texgal38@...>,
      "Craig & Elizabeth Welsh" <erwelsch06@...>,
      "Hurta, Sara" <Sara.Hurta@...>,
      "Jim & Carmel Sayre" <Carjim02@...>,
      "Rosemary Hogue" <rosemaryhogue@...>,
      "Tracy Stern" <tracy.stern@...>,
      "Amelia Orlando" <thats_italian@...>,
      "Amelia Orlando" <mbartholdi@...>,
      "Bob Pickell" <mlrrp3161@...>,
      "Carl S. Roecker" <cs_roecker@...>,
      "Claude Sessions" <csessionsjr@...>,
      "Dennis Austin" <racerdenny@...>,
      "Don Brown" <w5eqo@...>,
      "DONALD JEHLIK" <jefe34@...>,
      "ED WILSON" <etwilson80@...>,
      "Forrest Musaick" <bb_musick@...>,
      "Frank & Sue Clements" <dosamigos4@...>,
      "Jim n Jo" <nonanpoppie@...>,
      "Jody Wilson" <JodyWilson77031@...>,
      "Joe Hauser" <GEEPEA47@...>,
      "John & Diana Hatch" <bulletinboardsetc@...>,
      "John Muchow" <jmuchow@...>,
      "Julie L wen" <jwen@...>,
      "Manny Steglich" <msteglic@...>,
      "Pamela L Neill" <pamela76028@...>,
      "Paula Volio" <pvolio1@...>,
      "RICK MANDELSON" <rollingthunder78@...>,
      "ROBERT BELLEW" <bob.bellew@...>,
      "Sue B Roethel" <Sbroethel@...>,
      "Wakamiya, Maki" <mawakami@...>,
      "William W. Carlton" <abba617@...>
      CC: "Renee Cook" <racook@...>,
      "Joseph Koke" <jrkoke@...>,
      "Noelle Le'toile" <letoile@...>,
      <Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com>,
      "JOANN MAYHALL" <jomayhall@...>,
      "Henry Nettles" <henrynettles@...>,
      "J. J. Pederson III" <relish1973@...>,
      <Philgeren@...>,
      "John Rizopolous" <houstonmyc@...>,
      "Carl S. Roecker" <cs_roecker@...>,
      <runquist@...>,
      "Kathy Ryan" <cathy.ryan@...>,
      "Damian Schumacher" <deschumacher@...>,
      <Star45@yahoogroups.com>,
      "JW Staton" <viper55jw@...>,
      "Jim Humphries" <jfhjr@...>,
      <courtney.benedet@...>
      From: "Ted" <tcooper@...>
      Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:08:42 -0500
      Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] Do not open any message with an attached filed called "INVITATION

      Just in case this is for real! Ted

      Alert: I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this
      virus so I believe this is real. I checked snopes.com and this is for real
      Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP..we don't need this spreading
      around.

      READ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS,
      FAMILY, AND CONTACTS:

      You should be alerted during the next days: Do not open any message with
      an attached filed called "INVITATION" , regardless of who sent it. It is a
      virus that opens an Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of
      your computer.. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail
      address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to
      all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to
      receive the virus and open it.

      If you receive a mail called "invitation" , though sent by a friend, do not
      open it, and shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst Virus
      announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most
      destructive virus ev er. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and
      there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys
      the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

      SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO
      YOUR FRIENDS AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF
      US.

      Don Haines, PPA; PPSGW, WPPI,
      Don Haines Photography
      Serving the Tampa Bay area and Central Florida
      Member Clearwater Chamber of Commerce
      www.donhainesphotography.com
      727-643-5619
      301-920-1714