Re: Ace Canupp

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16 5:50 PM
      Hi Chuck

      I only knew him as Ace so I had to call my good friend Buck Guilfoy (ex early NASCAR driver) who he and two other drivers got me into dirt.

      He said that he to only knew of Ace to be Ace and he thinks that the person you referred to (Ed) was either his brother or cousin.

      Ace surfaced last year at the "Dirt Trackin" show held at the York Fair Grounds which is always held in January..........Kirk Wise.......promoter. (A must go)

      I hadn't seen or heard of Ace since I raced against him in the 60's.

      To make you laugh, see the attachments and check out my flame proof fire suit.

      Rick Mandelson
      Rick:  Did Ace Canupp have a first name?  I knew a machine shop owner and dirt track driver named Ed Canupp from Pasadena, Maryland.  Are Ace and Ed one in the same?   Chuck Chadwick

      It has removed 352 spam emails to date.
      Try SPAMfighter for free now!
    • Donald Greimel
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17 3:12 AM
        Hey Rick,   this reminds me of a fellow called Ace Rosner who drove with one arm.  I came upon him about ten years ago at a Brit Car Day in Bowie.
        Don

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17 3:10 PM
          Hi Don

          Steve Lloyd had lunch with him just recently.

          Rick

          Hey Rick,   this reminds me of a fellow called Ace Rosner who drove with one arm.  I came upon him about ten years ago at a Brit Car Day in Bowie.
          Don

          Rick:  Did Ace Canupp have a first name?  I knew a machine shop owner and dirt track driver named Ed Canupp from Pasadena, Maryland.  Are Ace and Ed one in the same?   Chuck Chadwick

          It has removed 352 spam emails to date.
          Try SPAMfighter for free now!

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17 3:56 PM
            Guys,
            Back in June I met with Joe Herson, Ace Rosner and Venlo Wolfson. The are certainly getting on in years, especially Ace. He doesn't drive much anymore, but he's in good health. Joe and Ace were certainly major movers and shakers in he beginning of sports car racing in our area. By the way, Don, did you change you regular e-mail address? I've been trying to send you updates on our local Marlboro group, but my e-mails keep getting bounced back.
            Steve Lloyd, Historian
            Washington DC Region, SCCA

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 17 4:08 PM
              Steve,  you came through loud and clear.  My address has been the same for several years and I have no plans to change until Verizon gets FIOS in the neighborhood.  That will be years.

              Got some communication going with Charlie Hayes a few weeks ago.  He is still a character and is living in AZ,  just "being".  His web site was interesting reading for those who knew him.

              Keep up the good work
              Don