Re: VIR catalyst

  • Robert Rosen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
      Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
      if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
      rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
      room.

      I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
      have those facilities if desired.

      Robert

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, DonaldFrye@... wrote:

      > Steve:
      >
      > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
      weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
      There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
      region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
      functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
      the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
      priceless.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
        Steve

        I'm in total agreement with everything Don Frye wrote as noted below.

        Rick Mandelson

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
          Per Robert Rosen's psot.  The PPSGW (Professional Photographers Society of Greater Washingotn) meets every month at Alfiio's Restaurant on Willard St. in Chevy Chase, MD.  I don't think they are charging us anything for the room only for dinner.

          Don

          Robert Rosen <r_rosen@...> wrote:
          Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
          if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
          rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
          room.

          I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
          have those facilities if desired.

          Robert

          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, DonaldFrye@. .. wrote:

          > Steve:
          >
          > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
          weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
          There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
          region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
          functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
          the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
          priceless.

          > Tell us where to come and we will be there.
          >
          > Most of all, we will be grateful to you for having gotten it together.
          >
          > Don Frye

          in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        • Steven Benford Jr

          • GLWannarka@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
              In a message dated 6/12/2007 6:38:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, slloydmarlboro@... writes:

              Steve,
              Several years ago, I had copies of the first GCR made.  Don't recall the actual date. and I am not completely unpacked from the recent move.  As I understand, the Club raced the first year or two under written instructions which were then 'formailized' into the GCR.  1951 could have been the first year of the GCR.  Should the date be different, I will let the group know when I find them.
              Jerry Wannarka

[...]

              See what's free at AOL.com.