Re: VIR catalyst

  • sscracer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:

      > Gentlemen:
      > Pay as you go sounds like a good idea to me, the region should not
      have to
      > pay for us to get together.
      > Let me know when and where.
      >
      > Pete van der Vate

      http://www.aol.com

      Count me in for the pay as you go. Can't miss opportunites like
      hearing aged racing stories from the participants.

      Brad Davis
    • Bob Storck
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
        Kudos to Steve and everyone who got involved in the planning and who
        attended. This sounds like the start of something. I note that the few
        members of the DC Morgan club have grown from a handful of folks who met
        in a basement apartment in the late 60s to a international group largely
        based on a series of MOG events, starting with one in Front Royal.

        I'd suggest that someone investigate hotel/conference centers able to
        handle the 2-400 people the couple events suggest. If it is reasonably
        local, we may not need that many rooms but meeting, dining and display
        capability would be a must. The obvious things would be display areas, a
        car show and maybe an autocross as well as the meeting and social events.

        Cheers, and good luck, Bob Storck

        sscracer wrote:
        > --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:
        >
        >> Gentlemen:
        >> Pay as you go sounds like a good idea to me, the region should not have to pay for us to get together. Let me know when and where.
        >>
        >> Pete van der Vate
        >>
        > Count me in for the pay as you go. Can't miss opportunites like
        > hearing aged racing stories from the participants.
        >
        > Brad Davis

      • Robert Rosen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
          Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
          if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
          rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
          room.

          I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
          have those facilities if desired.

          Robert

          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, DonaldFrye@... wrote:

          > Steve:
          >
          > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
          weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
          There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
          region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
          functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
          the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
          priceless.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 13, 2007
            Steve

            I'm in total agreement with everything Don Frye wrote as noted below.

            Rick Mandelson

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
              Per Robert Rosen's psot.  The PPSGW (Professional Photographers Society of Greater Washingotn) meets every month at Alfiio's Restaurant on Willard St. in Chevy Chase, MD.  I don't think they are charging us anything for the room only for dinner.

              Don

              Robert Rosen <r_rosen@...> wrote:
              Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
              if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
              rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
              room.

              I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
              have those facilities if desired.

              Robert

              --- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, DonaldFrye@. .. wrote:

              > Steve:
              >
              > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
              weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
              There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
              region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
              functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
              the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
              priceless.

              > Tell us where to come and we will be there.
              >
              > Most of all, we will be grateful to you for having gotten it together.
              >
              > Don Frye

              in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

            • Steven Benford Jr

              • GLWannarka@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
                  In a message dated 6/12/2007 6:38:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, slloydmarlboro@... writes:

                  Steve,
                  Several years ago, I had copies of the first GCR made.  Don't recall the actual date. and I am not completely unpacked from the recent move.  As I understand, the Club raced the first year or two under written instructions which were then 'formailized' into the GCR.  1951 could have been the first year of the GCR.  Should the date be different, I will let the group know when I find them.
                  Jerry Wannarka

[...]

                  See what's free at AOL.com.