Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] VIR catalyst

  • peterv31@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13 9:06 AM
      Gentlemen:
      Pay as you go sounds like a good idea to me, the region should not have to pay for us to get together.
      Let me know when and where.

      Pete van der Vate

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • sscracer
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 13 5:08 PM
        --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:

        > Gentlemen:
        > Pay as you go sounds like a good idea to me, the region should not
        have to
        > pay for us to get together.
        > Let me know when and where.
        >
        > Pete van der Vate

        http://www.aol.com

        Count me in for the pay as you go. Can't miss opportunites like
        hearing aged racing stories from the participants.

        Brad Davis
      • Bob Storck
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 13 5:33 PM
          Kudos to Steve and everyone who got involved in the planning and who
          attended. This sounds like the start of something. I note that the few
          members of the DC Morgan club have grown from a handful of folks who met
          in a basement apartment in the late 60s to a international group largely
          based on a series of MOG events, starting with one in Front Royal.

          I'd suggest that someone investigate hotel/conference centers able to
          handle the 2-400 people the couple events suggest. If it is reasonably
          local, we may not need that many rooms but meeting, dining and display
          capability would be a must. The obvious things would be display areas, a
          car show and maybe an autocross as well as the meeting and social events.

          Cheers, and good luck, Bob Storck

          sscracer wrote:
          > --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, peterv31@... wrote:
          >
          >> Gentlemen:
          >> Pay as you go sounds like a good idea to me, the region should not have to pay for us to get together. Let me know when and where.
          >>
          >> Pete van der Vate
          >>
          > Count me in for the pay as you go. Can't miss opportunites like
          > hearing aged racing stories from the participants.
          >
          > Brad Davis

        • Robert Rosen
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 13 5:39 PM
            Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
            if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
            rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
            room.

            I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
            have those facilities if desired.

            Robert

            --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, DonaldFrye@... wrote:

            > Steve:
            >
            > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
            weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
            There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
            region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
            functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
            the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
            priceless.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 13 7:45 PM
              Steve

              I'm in total agreement with everything Don Frye wrote as noted below.

              Rick Mandelson

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 14 6:34 AM
                Per Robert Rosen's psot.  The PPSGW (Professional Photographers Society of Greater Washingotn) meets every month at Alfiio's Restaurant on Willard St. in Chevy Chase, MD.  I don't think they are charging us anything for the room only for dinner.

                Don

                Robert Rosen <r_rosen@...> wrote:
                Based on my experience with a professional conference planning group,
                if we have a reasonably sized group, many restaurants have private
                rooms we can get for no cost, i.e., the dinner covers the cost of the
                room.

                I'm sure I can get the group to recommend some local restaurants that
                have those facilities if desired.

                Robert

                --- In Marlboro_Raceway@ yahoogroups. com, DonaldFrye@. .. wrote:

                > Steve:
                >
                > As Gilmartin, Krokus, Taylor. Hannasch and I expressed at VIR last
                weekend, future get togethers should be a pay-as-you-attend affair.?
                There should be a fee for dinner, lunch, etc. and a cash bar.? The DC
                region should not have to foot the bill.? We all attend enough
                functions in this manner that it is not an economic shock.? And having
                the opportunity to see people who we haven't seen in 40+ years is
                priceless.

                > Tell us where to come and we will be there.
                >
                > Most of all, we will be grateful to you for having gotten it together.
                >
                > Don Frye

                in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

              • Steven Benford Jr

                • GLWannarka@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 14 12:59 PM
                    In a message dated 6/12/2007 6:38:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, slloydmarlboro@... writes:

                    Steve,
                    Several years ago, I had copies of the first GCR made.  Don't recall the actual date. and I am not completely unpacked from the recent move.  As I understand, the Club raced the first year or two under written instructions which were then 'formailized' into the GCR.  1951 could have been the first year of the GCR.  Should the date be different, I will let the group know when I find them.
                    Jerry Wannarka