Wally Strange photo

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      Peter got me looking @ Stacey's photos again

      The guy on the right in the Wally Strange photo is Carroll Shelby, no
      less
    • Peter van der Vate
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Knoll" <sknoll@...>
        wrote:

        > Peter got me looking @ Stacey's photos again
        >
        > The guy on the right in the Wally Strange photo is Carroll Shelby, no
        > less

        I wondered if that was Carroll Shelby but was not sure enough to say so
        Good Going Steve

        Pete van der Vate
      • Stacey Hopkins
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
          Hey Rick,

          Do you mean the man standing next to Dad is Penske, or
          the man congratulating Donohue at the car window is
          Penske? I always got the feeling that the guy talking
          to Donohue was Carroll Shelby.

          Stacey

          --- RICK MANDELSON <rollingthunder78@...>
          wrote:

          > Add to the Stacy Hopkins question list, the Mark
          > Donahue #16 car picture with your dad on the other
          > side of the car is Penske. The #40 car is really
          > #140 (Bob Holbert) and last but certainly not least
          > is Sue Roethel w/flag. (you must jest questioning
          > who the driver is) In case your not jesting, Dave
          > Roethel is the driver.
          >
          > Rick Mandelson
          > Ellicott City, Maryland

        • RICK MANDELSON
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
            Hey Stacy

            The guy standing next to your Dad is Roger "Dodger"  Penske.

            While I'm at it, the Taz Rufty Photos (#4) by mgamike relative to the questionable year I'm crossing the finish line waving to your Dad is the April National in 1964.

            Rick Mandelson
            Ellicott City, Maryland

            --- RICK MANDELSON <rollingthunder78@ verizon.net>