Burke Allard

  • netterstromjim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2014
      Larry

      The Allard driven at Cumberland on May 20 1957 (196) and the # 27 Allard pictured at Marlboro in May of '57 are the same car.
      Paul  Whitestine also entered a Chrysler Allard in the Oct. '57 race at VIR which I bellive to also be the same car.
      My Allard,could not be the same Allard that was once owned by Burke, because someone in the group mentioned Burke as having raced his in '58,and  the guy I bought my Allard from bought it  from  a nothern VA. chevy dealer in the late fall of '57.

      Thanks to the group for their help

      Jim

    • larryj300
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2014

        Jim,

         I just found several articles about George Burke driving a Cadillac-Allard at the dirt road course built at Dorsey Speedway near Elkridge, Md.. The article mentioned he was a Jag driver but was asked to drive this Allard at the Dorsey event on Oct. 12, 1958. It was the first race for this Allard and he finished 4th in the first race of the day.

        He is also listed as an entrant in his Jag and this Allard at Marlboro on Nov. 16, 1958.

        Larry