Brown GTB/Lotus 23 venue

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2014
      David,
      I am late checking into my Yahoo emails. Did anyone respond about the venue for that Lotus 23 and the GTB?  The reason I ask is this: I attended a regional at Reading airport in the late 1960s and that brown GTB raced in AP there. It shows briefly in a home movie of mine. My guess was 1967 or 1968, no later. I never did see the entire course and I wonder if such a turn (like Marlboro's Toe of the Boot) existed at Reading? I was stuck at the sharp 90 degree uphill left where the course rejoined the airstrip.

      I heard a story that the GTB was driven by some fairly well-known European racer who needed to get some quick "seat time," and thus used his new (?) GTB. Sounds like an urban legend to me, but stranger things have happened.
      Steve Lloyd
      splloyd941@...
    • David&Carol Seielstad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2014
        Aloha Steve,

        Thanks for the clues.

        Yours is the second comment. The other was a guess about the Lotus.

        The turn looks like the Boot, but then it also does not.

        The photo was in a pile of Marlboro photos.

        If you can remember the name of the driver that would help a lot.

        Mahalo,