Marlboro Reopening...

  • donaldfrye2001
    Message 1 of 13 , May 10 4:10 PM
      Looks like the April fool's joke of the year.
    • Mike Matune
      Message 2 of 13 , May 10 5:34 PM

        You may be right, haven't found anyone who attended or any evidence it happened.

        Message 3 of 13 , May 10 5:49 PM
          Being  closely knowledgeable of  the track's noise. neighbor, financial and county problems in the late 60s, the whole idea of reopening seemed like a pipe dream from the get-go.  Anyone planning on such an adventure would have to have big finances and political clout and be willing to not turn a profit, if any, for many years.
        • slosilveralfa173
          Message 4 of 13 , May 11 7:12 AM

            I rolled by there late in the afternoon of May 3rd. The gate was closed but the signage was up. Now the property for sale sign is prominent out at Rt 301 though the signs on the fences leading into the entrance gate are still there. A view from the side of the road above the parking area shows little recent progress. "Cars n Coffee folks are going to be hard pressed to go out of their way to show their cars in a muddy lumpy field. I go by there at least once a week, I will let you know if I see any progre3ss or activity.

            best regards and Happy Mothers Day,

            Sam Smith

            Message 5 of 13 , May 11 7:19 AM
              I will take a $10 bet that Marlboro Park Raceway would ever operate as a race track again. I grew up (12 to 24 in town) there. Locals hated the facility at best. Currently it is under  developed and out of the way to operate as a "motorsports enthusiast park"

              Message 6 of 13 , May 11 8:02 AM
                Thanks, Sam, for the update.  Please keep us advised of any changes although I don't expect any.

                Don
              • sbroethel@...
                Message 7 of 13 , May 11 5:59 PM
                  And I think that has been the plan  for at  least the  last  20 years by different individuals.

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 12 9:54 AM
                    Thanks, Sam Fond memories will remain.   :-)

                    Sue

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 12 12:09 PM
                      gosh, 45 years ago !

                      You may be right, haven't found anyone who attended or any evidence it happened.

                      Looks like the April fool's joke of the year.

                    • Don Haines
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 12 12:13 PM
                        Hard to believe it's been that long.

                        Don Haines

                        727-487-2361 (FL) or 808-989-0047 (HI)

                        See examples of my previous work at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42079599@N02/sets/

                        To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                        From: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 19:09:21 +0000

                        gosh, 45 years ago !

                        You may be right, haven't found anyone who attended or any evidence it happened.

                        Looks like the April fool's joke of the year.

                      • slloydmarlboro
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 27 2:23 PM

                          This whole thing just did not ring true to me.

                          Steve Lloyd

                        • slosilveralfa173
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 27 3:09 PM

                            Hi Folks,

                            I have been by there a dozen times since I last reported. Nothing NEW is evident on the property. There is a newer property for leaser or sale sign from the one that was there before the brief Marlboro Raceway Park re-opening sign. The gate is never open

                            sam

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 28 11:54 AM
                              Thanks's for the update, Sam!

                              Sue