Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Tryign to track down some history on an Austin Healey 100M

  • Nick England
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2013
      Try looking through the VIR entry lists that I have posted at
      http://www.virhistory.com/vir.html#events

      No one registered car serial numbers for racing but you might find someone from the right locale. Even if it is not your car owner you may be able to track them down and see what they remember.

      Also I have had luck placing an ad or article with the local SCCA region's newsletter - there may be some old-timers who remember the car/owner.
      www.scca.org will get you to the SCCA regions.

      Good luck,
      Nick

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Gerald Dean <gd_cmc@...> wrote:

      Thanks Ned,
      Here is a link to a post I made on the british car forum.

      The car is a factory M and is registered with Bill Meade and the Healey Club.  However, neither of them have any info on the car prior to my father.
      Re-reading my post it looks like the Nystrom's purchased it in 1963.  I found this date on something my father had sent to Bill Meade in 1999.  So it's probably fairly accurate to what Eleanor Nystrom had told him.

      Thanks again as I sure do appreciate the input.