Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Tryign to track down some history on an Austin Healey 100M

  • Stefan Vapaa
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
      Indeed. The roll bar in our 1959 Quantum H-Mods were bolted in with muffler clamps. Unbolt them, and the only sign they were ever there are the holes.

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Erskine Kelly <erkelly2@...> wrote:

      Dick Thompson won a National Championship in 1958, D Production class, driving an Austin Healey - (Don't tell Generous Motors!).

      The car would have had to have a roll bar.  This early in the days of roll bars in SCCA, it could have been easily removed.  The true safety factor was questionable with these "plug-in" roll bars.

      I was out of the game, but I am sure that SCCA required much stronger roll bars after the first few years.

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 2:55 PM, Gerald Dean wrote:

      No it doesn't have a roll bar, but I never looked real close to see if one may have been removed.
      Thanks