Ancient History

  • Ray Fleming
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2013
      I attended the Marlboro driver's school in the fall of 1963 (I think).
      For some reason, I've recently been driving myself nuts trying to remember the name of my instructor--and a lot of you guys must have known him.

      Clues: he was an African American gentleman who owned or worked at a bar/restaurant located a quarter of a mile or so south of the track, on the west side of 301.

      I think he owned/raced an Elva sports/racing car, something like a Mark IV or so. He had myself and two other students. I was using an Elva Courier that was being loaned to me by a friend named Ray Isaccs (sp?), who I think lived in the Bethesda-Chevy Chase area.

      Can anyone supply my instructor's name, and if so, do you know if he is still living? If so, I guess he would be in his eighties.
      Also, do any of you know whatever happened to Ray Isaccs?

      RE my instructor, I've contacted the bar/restaurant, and none of the current owners knows anything from that far back.

      Thanks!