Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Oak tree

  • Mike Matune
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013

      Further to the discussion on the demise of Oak Tree at VIR, they are asking for suggestions on how to proceed with honoring an old friend. Folks in the Marlboro Group have made suggestions in the past and I thought you might want to share them with the folks at VIR.

      Here is an email address to which to address your suggestions: oaktree@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
        Thank you Mike,

        I had previously sent the following:

        I'd suggest that the trunk and major limbs be saved and converted to lumber. From there, sell it off as planks in plaque sizes and hopefully develop a brand to be burned into the back of each piece so it acquires a provenance. I'd enjoy just having a suitable piece as a reminder, and would make it into a keepsake ... the possibilities abound. Let the individuals determine their proper use and do the finish work.

        I'd hope the trunk wasn't rotted from inside. I'd think that much more could be made from selling it in small pieces than any piece of furniture.

        Cheers, Bob

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2013

          Good morning,

          We had discussed the demise of Oak Tree at VIR in the past in this group. They are selling mementos on their website , which may be of interest to some of you. Details are below.

          Take care,

          Mike

          Oak Tree Medallions of Sale

          We have had many requests to purchase the Oak Tree Medallions. There is a limited supply left that we are offering for sale. The cost is $10 per medallion plus a shipping fee of $5.50 per order. Please call 434-822-7700 extensions 116 or 117 to place your order today!

          https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b5bef62cd5bdc4d700abe0341/images/Untitled.png