Bob Hurt

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
      Time for a better named thread.

      I'd suggest that when we change the subject, we change the subject line or at least, add to it.
      Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to search for that "fact you saw somewhere"

      http://www.motorsport.com/history/news/irl-indy500-courageous-former-driver-bob-hurt-dies-at-61/
      Charlotte Diehl was a special friend, and Bob was near destitute, and often lived with her.

      Rick ... are you still in touch with her?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
          Bob

          I still am in touch with Charlotte and will I'll give you her phone # via your personal Email address.

          I'd suggest that when we change the subject, we change the subject line or at least, add to it.
          Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to search for that "fact you saw somewhere"

          http://www.motorsport.com/history/news/irl-indy500-courageous-former-driver-bob-hurt-dies-at-61/
          Charlotte Diehl was a special friend, and Bob was near destitute, and often lived with her.

          Rick ... are you still in touch with her?

          Cheers, Bob

        • Michael Booth
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
            Jim Murphy, my garage-mate and good friend, had been friend's with Bob Hurt.  I remember him having Bob's helmet, or something of Bob's personal gear.  I think Murphy had raced a sprint  car at some time before he got into SCCA and Minis.