Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Tatum/Cluxton

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      Cluxton and Tatum are just typical of the many characters in the sport ... or scoundrels.

      That particular car would have been from the mid-late 60s.

      Steve and all did the memories of Marlboro a real service in providing us a forum to spit out our bits of history, and some one needs to do a proper history of the track ... these tales are a good start, and many know them better than I. Yes, this incident was within a year of Bob backing into the Indy wall.

      Cheers, Bob

      Hi Bob.  Interesting coments from you.  I met Harley Cluxton at Monterey Historics, offered me the opporunity to sit in his 1972 (1973?) Ferrari 3 liter FIA prototype.  It was number 27 I believe .  Was it driven by Andretti and Ickx?  I am not familiar with Ferrari provenance to be certain with any of the claims.  I learned later that Harley from Scottsdale poured a fortune into his Renault Le Mans efforts.  Soon he pretty much disappeared.  About Bob Hurt and the ex-Sebring Ferrari, was this shortly before his paralyzing accident?  Boy o boy, I sure can't tell Ferrari by their covers.  Someone should chronicle these Ferrari tales and get them published.
                                                                                                                                    Michael