Re: a2z: [Marlboro_Raceway]

  • Jock Ellis
    Message 1 of 12 , May 19, 2013
      I forgot. But you mentioned your roll bar. I remember reading about the distaste for those sissy rollbars when SCCA first mandated them. If in those early days someone had realized the improvement a roll cage would have made it would have hastened the progress of racing safety when others got tired of following him home.
      Jock

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 19, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Tony Adamowicz <a2z_racer@...> wrote:

      Greetings Jock,

      Tks for the follow up....I too miss SSG, it was a great publication. Hope I help answer some of your interest in Volvo with my experience. Back in the day it was pretty much as far as I could go within legal limits.... I beleive I was the very first to install a rear roll bar on a B sedan. That made all the difference in handling technique , from under steering to dirt tracking over--steering machine. Were you part of the Wash. DC region ? Your interest in Volvo performance ?

      " Keeping the Legends Alive "

      a2z

      "If you CAN dream it,
      It WILL happen "