Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Longer RUSH trailer

  • Stefan Vapaa
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 16 6:24 PM
      I looked it up... And I enjoyed it. Neat.

      On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Jock Ellis <jockellis@...> wrote:

      True but search for "Ironing Man" on YouTube. It was a pretend trailer for a parody of Iron Man. My son plays a hooded terrorist. He has blue eyes. His friends made the movie after earning the money for a camcorder by cutting gas. Now they are in the movie industry.
      Jock

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Stefan Vapaa <turbo@...> wrote:

      It is extremely fortunate then that no one remembers a movie for its trailer... And that there is no Academy Award for trailers.

      -STEFAN
      Brevity of message due to typing on a phone with my thumbs

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 3:36 PM, David&Carol <scshmoo@...> wrote:

      Hi Stefan,,

      The trailer seeks to create a misunderstanding of the actual events, to make the movie appear more exciting. SOP in Hollywood I guess, but it portrays an inaccurate series of events.

      I think that is a disservice to Hunt and misrepresents formula 1 racing of the time.

      On 16 Apr 2013, at 09:02, Stefan Vapaa wrote:

      Hi David,
      I re-watched the trailer (again, which I don't mind) and see how you might get that impression.

      I actually have to revise my earlier note too.  I can't say for sure that the scene where Lauda sees an accident in front of him and the scene where he has his famous accident at the ring are consecutive scenes. I think they just juxtaposed those scenes (plus the prior one with Hunt and Lauda running wheel to wheel) for a general driving and crashing part of the trailer.

      Looking at them carefully now, they don't appear to have any continuity, which makes sense in a trailer situation.

      On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM, David&Carol <scshmoo@...> wrote:

      Hi Stefan,

      In the trailer there is a scene of two GP cars banging wheels and one spinning off into the guard rail, then it seems to cut to period footage of the Lauda crash and fire. There is a scene with the actor playing Hunt and his girl friend where he is saying something like  he will do anything to win.

      From all those hints I guessed at the plot.

      On 16 Apr 2013, at 03:13, Stefan Vapaa wrote:

      David,
      Do you have some insight to the plot that we can't see from the trailer?

      I didn't see anything in there that showed Hunt crashing Lauda.

      On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM, <Sam_Smith01@...> wrote:

      Hi David,

      Way fewer wrecks back then -- many more deaths/serious injuries - no one intentionally crashed someone out like Prost/Senna/Schumacher and others have in recent times

      sam