Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] My Lotus Mk10/now Lotus 9

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
      Aloha Michael,

      This sounds as if it may be the Lotus Bristol Dave Sharp drove at Marlboro 29 July 1967 #71.

      The Lotus Bristol had belonged to Otto Linton.  There is a dispute about its sale. Otto claims he intended to keep the car and that an employee sold it without his knowledge.

      Attached is a scan of the Lotus X exiting the Boot in July 1962.

      Anyway a black Lotus with a bristol engine

      I purchased a Lotus 9 with a AC Bristol engine from a pilot outside of Leesburg Va.Back in the mid sixties . I traded it to Warren Shamlian for a Lotus 18 two or three years later. It was black with the big hump on the hood to clear the AC engine ,what a fast car I never raced it,but drove it on the street many a time.

      From: Bob <bstorck@...>
      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013, 10:55 PM

      Taking this a bit off topic, didn't Bob Speakman have a Lotus 9 in which he had installed a Volvo engine? Don't I recall him setting a distance record into the woods at the end of the straight?

      Cheers, Bob
      My 59 Lotus Mk 10 being restored by Barber Motorsports Museum
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
        That appears to be the Lotus Mk10 , I owned in 1959

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013

          Hi Don,

          That sounds about right

          Thanks, sam

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
            Aloha All,

            Apologies for typo.

            Correct date is 29 July 1962, NOT 1967.

            On 8 Mar 2013, at 10:34, David&Carol wrote:

            Aloha Michael,

            This sounds as if it may be the Lotus Bristol Dave Sharp drove at Marlboro 29 July 1967 #71.

            The Lotus Bristol had belonged to Otto Linton.  There is a dispute about its sale. Otto claims he intended to keep the car and that an employee sold it without his knowledge.

            Attached is a scan of the Lotus X exiting the Boot in July 1962.

            <LotusX:Bristol_ Sharp29Jul62.jpg>

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 8, 2013
              Hi Michael,

              Small world. I only saw it race once at Marlboro in July 1962 (sorry about the 1967 typo).