FW: Marlboro pictures 1959

  • Pelouze, Craige
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 202 KB

    I recently sent these pictures to Madison McClintic who I had not seen for 40+ years and who is pictured helping load my wounded TR-3 on Jimmy Waters  trailer after colliding with Bell in the chicane. Fortunately no injuries except to  ego and pocketbook.  As I recall we did not even have shoulder harnesses then because my head hit the steering wheel. . Unfortunately I had driven the car to Marlboro from Richmond and it was my daily driver.  Incidentally I had bought the car from Madison as a 21st birthday present from my Mom. .

    Hey Madison good to hear from you. I had heard your name bandied around but didn’t know you were on our Road Saints email list. You should come to our monthly lunch of the gear heads that can still walk and talk. 2nd Wed at TK Trips on w. Broad at 11:30. I remember your group used to get together at the Dairy Bar but I guess most of those guys are eating “up stairs” now.

    Remember these pictures of Marlboro and your TR-3? Those were the Good Ole Daz and we didn’t even know it.   I think that was Gilmartin waving in Cappy’s with his bald head back then. Thanks for helping return my car home. I don’t remember how I got home but when I arrived my Dad  (ever the joker with me) was looking over the damage and said “it’s in good condition for the shape it’s in”!!!! Then we spent 2-3 months rebuilding it and I raced it for several more seasons.  What was the other guy’s name pushing the TR? I remember he had a BMW 507 and passed away early. Wonder what happened to that car?

    Chow,  Craige

    Craige Pelouze | Senior Vice President
    CBRE | Richmond | Investment Properties | Private Capital Group
    6641 West Broad Street | Suite 101 | Richmond, VA 23230
    T +1 804 267 7244 | F +1 804 320 4839 | C +1 804 399 7327
    craige.pelouze@... l www.cbre.com/craige.pelouze | www.cbre.com/pcg

    This message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email or believe that you have received this correspondence in error, please contact the sender through the information provided above and permanently delete this message.