A Little Help Please

  • Mike Matune
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013

      Good morning,

      I am a member of a Yahoo Group involved with the history of Marlboro Raceway in Marlboro, MD. The track hosted a number of events before closing in 1969. Recently a video came to light purporting to show a race at Marlboro in 1958. But upon closer examination, it actually shows races at two different venues. We have been trying to identify the track shown in the second part of the film.

      The clip is here:

      http://www.cliffreuter.com/etceteriniSuzyDietrichVideosPage.htm

      We are dealing with the video at the bottom of the page labeled as Marlboro.

      The Marlboro race featured is the April 20, 1958 SCCA national. After that we know that Chuck Dietrich competed at:

      May 18, 1958 - Cumberland, MD

      June 1, 1958 - Dunkirk, NY

      June 22, 1958 - Elkhart Lake, WI

      June 27, 1958 - Watkins Glen, NY

      August 10, 1958 - Harewood Acres, Canada

      September 7, 1968 Elkhart Lake, WI

      September 13, 1958 - Harewood Acres, Canada

      September 20, 1958 - Watkins Glen, NY

      Could the track shown be Harewood Acres?

      Thanks,