Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] - Operatiion 850 [2 Attachments]

  • Mike Matune
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 19, 2013

    Let's try this again, the attachments didn't seem to go through the first time.

  • Pelouze, Craige
    Message 34 of 34 , Jan 21, 2013

      When the 1st F1 race was run at Indy I drove out from Richmond with my buddy Mark during a hurricane which had blown up from the Gulf. He had a Cobra Mustang IRS and there was no one on the highways in the rain in W Va, KY, etc. and we hauled ass. On the 10-14 hour trip I taught him all I know about F1 and racing in general as he was a rookie.   At Indy we went to a famous Mustang tuner’s shop for him to buy suspension parts and Janet’s race shop was next door. There was some other very attractive young female driver there and she sold me one of Janet’s autographed books. Which I can’t find now. My buddy had a AM radio talk show on cars and was awarded full media credentials just like ABC as he was the only AM radio host that applied.  Our credentials allowed us access anywhere on the track and pits. Mark had a personal radio interview with Michael Schumacher and some other driver and separately one with two team managers from  Ferrari and Williams I think. He asked the Williams team manager if he thought Ferrari was cheating (as they swept the series that year) and all he was willing to say was that it took them 2 years to catch up with Ferrari. He then asked the Williams manager if they switched drivers and he got Michael if he could win. After he caught his breath he said certainly which probably didn’t not help him with driver relations. Mark was at the start finish line near the end and I drifted back across the track to sit in the stands to watch the  finish at the line.  As Michael and Rubens came down the straight toward the checker Michael backed off and let Rubens win to repay him for several favors Rubens had similarly done for him earlier in the season. As they cam across the finish line all cameras were on them and one picture was on the cover of AutoWeek. If you look very closely you can see me in the stands in my red Ferrari sweat shirt with the Ferraris in the foreground. So I did make the cover of Autoweek.  Can any one else top that?  I’m sure that will start a great conversation.

      Craige Pelouze | Senior Vice President
      CBRE | Richmond | Investment Properties | Private Capital Group
      6641 West Broad Street | Suite 101 | Richmond, VA 23230
      T +1 804 267 7244 | F +1 804 320 4839 | C +1 804 399 7327
      craige.pelouze@... l www.cbre.com/craige.pelouze | www.cbre.com/pcg

      This message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email or believe that you have received this correspondence in error, please contact the sender through the information provided above and permanently delete this message.