Re: Gen Curtis LeMay Racing Days

  • Steve Lloyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
      Marie,
      Am I a dimwit, or did I miss your shot of Curtis E. LeMay? I couldn't
      see your album when I checked PHOTOS on this site. Is it the shot of
      him on a go-kart?
      Steve

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "dbmil1s" <dbmil56@...> wrote:

      > When I saw the item about Gen LeMay being named to the SCCA Hall of
      > Fame, I thought I had something showing him racing. I dug through my
      > files and found the Jan 1960 P. S. Feature in the back of Road & Track
      > magazine. I vaguely remember sports car races at Bolling AFB in DC in
      > 1954 - 55 time frame, but did not attend - I think I may have seen
      > local TV sports report about it.
      >
      > I posted the P.S. feature in my Photo Album on this site; it is # 9 in
      > my album. I hope it is clear enough to see and read the caption.

    • John King
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
        I remember a picture of him driving a go-kart at one of the airport circuits wearing an open face helmet with the chin strap flapping in the breeze and a cigar in his mouth. I don't recall that he ever actually raced.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
          Oops. I forget that when I post here, my name doesn't show. The LeMay
          photo is # 9 in Dick Miller Photos album; he is on a GoKart. I'm not
          sure if he ever raced karts, but he did race sports cars.

          --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Lloyd"