Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: Marlboro

  • Yuccaseed@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 16, 2012
      Sure was 1966, I worked for Group44 and we won that race overall.
      I loved seeing so many cars and friends in these pictures, THANK YOU for the memories.
      Cheers,
       Don Breslauer

      In a message dated 11/16/2012 10:53:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dbmil56@... writes:

      I just added the Marlboro aerial photo to my Dick Miller Photos which put it on the first page since photo albums are listed by date.

      --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <dbmil56@...> wrote:

      > I "snuck" into Marlboro Raceway in August 2005 to take some photos of the track that introduced me to sports car racing 1955 - 1960. They are on the next to last page of photos titled Dick Miller Photos. The first photo may be the best to get an idea of the banking along the start/finish straight.
      >
      > I also have a good aerial photo of the track in 1966, but I'm not sure how to attach it to this post. I'll also provide some links to web sites I've found while browsing for photos of Marlboro back in the good ole days. The first has good photos and photos 13 to 17 may be best for seeing what the banking may be: http://www.thevintageracer.com/rullman/rullman12hr001.htm
      >
      > Others:
      >
      > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/21/AR2009022101633.html?sub=AR
      >
      > http://www.barcboys.com/MarlboroHome.htm
      >
      > http://personal.cfw.com/~agtotten/personalracing.html
      >
      > Always enjoy reading what's going on at this site.
      >
      > Dick Miller
      >
      > P.S. I've not been able to find how to attach a photo to this post, so I will put it in the Photo section titled Marlboro Aerial
      >
      > --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, Sam_Smith01@ wrote:
      > >
      > > The original footprint of the Marlboro track is still there - the owners did in the last week "scrape" the parking lot boot area - the oval and grandstandfs are still there - they are still hostile to folks that want to come take a nostalgic look - they have at times loaded the parking l o t with nursery/shrubs for sale -- but it does not matter - the old Marlboro community wants nothing to do with a return to any form of motorsports or a historic recognition there

    • Chris Picot
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 16, 2012
        On 11/16/2012 10:47 AM, Richard wrote:
        > I "snuck" into Marlboro Raceway in August 2005 to take some photos of
        (snip)

        > http://personal.cfw.com/~agtotten/personalracing.html
        This is my favorite:

        "Sometimes you win and receive silver - not $$$ (VIR-'64)"

        = Awards Ceremony and a Men's Fashion Show.

        Chris