Marlboro Track for Sim Racing

  • btd342
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
      I'm beginning making a model of Marlboro for sim racing, rFactor, GTR2, etc. I'm looking for some information on the track and buildings and structures. I would appreciate input from anyone willing to share, their memories, photographs, etc of the facilities and track. Also it would be nice to know if anyone here usese racing sims, and is intrested in doing some track testing when the time comes, please let me know.
    • Mike Matune
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012

        Back in 2010 there was a similar inquiry to yours posted by nickdefender . Perhaps you should see if you can share resources

      • btd342
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
          I probably should add that I distribute my tracks freely on several public fourms to anyone who wants them. I have made and published several historic US race tracks on "nogripracing.com".

          I know of nickdefender, but have not communicated with him. This is a project I am undertaking myself.

          I have many photographs, and a good topographic map of Marlboro, I have made a fairly detailed map of the site, and am now making 3d computer models of the structures. Steve Smith, a friend of mine, has raced at Marlboro in the 60's, is the driving force behind this project. I am here looking for additional input from people who are familliar with the track and are willing to give their input.