RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] FW: Reluctantly letting go of my racing memorbelia. [1 Attachment]

  • Don Haines
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
        You mention that you have your scrapbooks.  Before you sell/give them, may I suggest you send them up to Watkins Glen to the Auto Racing Research Library and have them copy them for historical purposes. Or you may just want to give them to the library.  Several years ago, I sent my scrapbooks and photos up there. Now that information is available to researchers wishing to learn about sports car racing in the '60s,'70s and '80s that I took part in.  And while this record is important to me and documents my personal history, the information contained also documents the efforts of others that were part of that era of sports car racing in the U.S.

      Don Haines

      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      CC: craige.pelouze@...
      From: craige.pelouze@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:55:31 -0400
      Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] FW: Reluctantly letting go of my racing memorbelia. [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Pelouze, Craige included below]

      Marlboro Vets; We are downsizing and the wife says these must go so make me an offer.

       Attached is a list of 15 boxes of auto magazines, catalogues, programs, racing reports, I also have  11 mostly sliver  trophies which I won in the 1950’s and 1960’s.  , 6 -1st place, 2- 2nd place, one 3rd place, and one  4 index of performance from Marlboro,  VIR and Cumberland, all of which I would like to sell so make me an offer.

      I have now organized my memorabilia quite well and up dated the list of items.  It may not be exact on every item but it is quite complete and certainly does not cover everything included in the portfolio and boxes. I have put all (about 300) slides of Nassau ’65, Sebring ’56, Sebring 66 and Daytona ’68 on one DVD and will include the negatives if you want them. Also included are about 110 prints of the same events. The  100 +- 1950’s and 60’s Hot Rod Magazine collection is very collectable as a surviving portfolio. There are over 120 1950’s & ‘60’s SCCA Sports Car magazines which have many articles such as the one in ’62 by Don Yenko on how to set up a Vette and  articles on various races with results sheets and regional and national standings. They are many (25+_) very rare Hay Bales and Straight Pipes which hold the keys too many Marlboro, Cumberland and VIR races.  There are 4 DVD movies mostly of Marlboro 6 & 12 hours , sprints, go cart races beginning in ’59 and going at least thru ‘67which I think came from Dave Roethel.

      I will also have my two scrap books which graphically depicts the racing of that era professionally copied for you which will supplement anything not in the portfolio. The scrap books have pictures, entry list, result sheets, pictures, credentials, etc for many Marlboro, Cumberland,

      VIR regional, nationals, Trans Ams, IMSA, 6 and 12 hours. A real memory lane of the Good Ole Daz.

      Craige Pelouze | Senior Vice President
      CBRE | Richmond | Investment Properties | Private Capital Group
      6641 West Broad Street | Suite 101 | Richmond, VA 23230
      T +1 804 267 7244 | F +1 804 320 4839 | C +1 804 399 7327
      craige.pelouze@... l www.cbre.com/craige.pelouze | www.cbre.com/pcg

      This message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email or believe that you have received this correspondence in error, please contact the sender through the information provided above and permanently delete this message.