Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] 12 hour

  • Stefan Vapaa
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 15, 2012
      Hi Don,
      Do you have any photos of this? I always enjoy seeing more SAAB specials.

      On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 6:08 AM, dgreimel@... <dgreimel@...> wrote:

      I put a SAAB 750GT engine in a Siata circa 1960.  It won ten races in ten starts for Bob Kimberk.  No free wheel in the Fiat gearbox and no seized engine.  The two stroke does have compression but it begins about half way up the cylinder so it doesn't help much with deceleration.  SAAB said that they used freewheeling because the engine's occasional firing on decel causes lurching.  The lack of lubrication is likely an issue too but it wasn't a problem for the Siata.

      The other Don.

      From: craige.pelouze@...
      Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:07:35 -0400
      Subject: [Marlboro_Raceway] 12 hour

      Hey Eddie, I was driving the “Green Bean” Saab in that race which I’m sure you remember well. I believe you and or Curtis were lapping me about every 20 minutes. Well going in to the heel of the boot in freewheeling I caught up with the lumbering  Falcon from behind and nailed it in the rear at the toe. I saw Curtis glare at me in that big full windshield mirror and said to my self- “self now why did you do that”? He is not going to be happy getting rear ended by a sewing machine. Needless to say after that every time I say the Falcon coming up in the rear view mirror I gave it plenty of room to pass. Ah ha  “the Good Ole Days’?  Cheeers.  Craige Pelouze

      Craige Pelouze | Senior Vice President
      CBRE | Richmond | Investment Properties | Private Capital Group
      6641 West Broad Street | Suite 101 | Richmond, VA 23230
      +1 804 267 7244 | F +1 804 320 4839 | C +1 804 399 7327
      craige.pelouze@... l www.cbre.com/craige.pelouze | www.cbre.com/pcg

      This message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email or believe that you have received this correspondence in error, please contact the sender through the information provided above and permanently delete this message.

      --
      -STEFAN
      http://www.at-speed.com