Hairpin and s's or chicain

  • Pelouze, Craige
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012

      Ah yes the esses. In 1959 my 2nd race at 21 years and 3 months old. I come out of the Bowl flat out (well maybe) and had not been taught at that time to look past the next apex (learned that the hard way) and find a TR3 (John Ball?)facing me in the middle of the esses. Well I hit the brakes and then the TR and someone nailed me in the rear. No shoulder harness then and my bubble shield hit the steering wheel and gave me a sore lip. The TR didn’t fare as well. As I had driven it up from Richmond Jimmy Waters put it on his trailer with the help of Madison McClintoc, Dick Gilmartin, et al and delivered to my parents’ home. Not sure how I got home that night but I was not greeted with sounds of joy. My dear old Dad and I spent many months rebuilding it and I went on to race it for several more years. Ah yes the “Good Ole Days’

      Craige Pelouze | Senior Vice President
      CBRE | Richmond | Investment Properties | Private Capital Group
      6641 West Broad Street | Suite 101 | Richmond, VA 23230
      T +1 804 267 7244 | F +1 804 320 4839 | C +1 804 399 7327
      craige.pelouze@... l www.cbre.com/craige.pelouze | www.cbre.com/pcg

      This message and any attachments may be privileged, confidential or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email or believe that you have received this correspondence in error, please contact the sender through the information provided above and permanently delete this message.