OT does anyone have contact info for Dr Thompson or Gus Ehrman

  • rdlin98
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2012
      Sorry to be off topic....but you are a great resource for the great racing community that once was.

      Four drivers who competed in the first Sebring 12hr race 1952 are still with us: Dick Thompson, Gus Ehrman, Otto Linton and Dick Irish.

      All but Dick Irish ran at Marlboro as well.

      The PR guy was going to have them all at Sebring for the 60th, but dropped the ball.

      I am taking Otto...Dick Irish is working on it....I would like to contact the other two if possible (Otto has not seen some of them in over 30 years).

      Any help would be appreciated

      cheers,

      Roger Linton
      Valley Forge, PA
    • michael
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2012
        Hi Roger,

        We met a couple years back at the Glen, I have an ex-Sebring MGA and I talked with you briefly. I'm in contact with Gus and he is going to be our guest of honor at Sebring reunion dinner at the track Friday night as he drove 2 of the Sebring MGs that will be there. I also visited with Dr. Thompson about a year or so ago and I should have his contact info about. Don't like to post this kind of stuff, so please shoot me an e-mail separately to discuss. I had heard that Otto was possibly coming to Sebring from some MGVR friends. Glad to assist in making a reunion happen!

        Michael Eaton

        dohc59 (at) hotmail.com

        --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "rdlin98" <cagiva@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to be off topic....but you are a great resource for the great racing community that once was.
        >
        > Four drivers who competed in the first Sebring 12hr race 1952 are still with us: Dick Thompson, Gus Ehrman, Otto Linton and Dick Irish.
        >
        > All but Dick Irish ran at Marlboro as well.
        >
        > The PR guy was going to have them all at Sebring for the 60th, but dropped the ball.
        >
        > I am taking Otto...Dick Irish is working on it....I would like to contact the other two if possible (Otto has not seen some of them in over 30 years).
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated
        >
        > cheers,
        >
        > Roger Linton
        > Valley Forge, PA

      • Roger Linton
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2012
          I knew this was the right place to ask!

          Thank you
        • Ronniebuzz
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2012
            Dr dick.
            Lives in Fl

            Buzzman's I phone

            On Mar 2, 2012, at 11:48 AM, "michael" <dohc59@...> wrote:

            Hi Roger,

            We met a couple years back at the Glen, I have an ex-Sebring MGA and I talked with you briefly. I'm in contact with Gus and he is going to be our guest of honor at Sebring reunion dinner at the track Friday night as he drove 2 of the Sebring MGs that will be there. I also visited with Dr. Thompson about a year or so ago and I should have his contact info about. Don't like to post this kind of stuff, so please shoot me an e-mail separately to discuss. I had heard that Otto was possibly coming to Sebring from some MGVR friends. Glad to assist in making a reunion happen!

            Michael Eaton

            dohc59 (at) hotmail.com

            --- In Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com, "rdlin98" <cagiva@...> wrote:

            > Sorry to be off topic....but you are a great resource for the great racing community that once was.
            >
            > Four drivers who competed in the first Sebring 12hr race 1952 are still with us: Dick Thompson, Gus Ehrman, Otto Linton and Dick Irish.
            >
            > All but Dick Irish ran at Marlboro as well.
            >
            > The PR guy was going to have them all at Sebring for the 60th, but dropped the ball.
            >
            > I am taking Otto...Dick Irish is working on it....I would like to contact the other two if possible (Otto has not seen some of them in over 30 years).
            >
            > Any help would be appreciated
            >
            > cheers,
            >
            > Roger Linton
            > Valley Forge, PA

            =
          • Roger Linton
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2012
              An Update just to let you all know what a great little piece off the internet you have here....

              And a big thanks to Micheal Eaton.....

              As of Monday only Otto Linton was going to be at the Sebring Legends event.....

              Now Otto Linton, Gus Erhman, Dick Irish and Dr Dick Thompson (all that remain from the '52 Sebring race) plus Bobby (Ralph) Deshon winner of the '50 6 hour...will attend the Gallery of Legends at Sebring on Friday before the race!

              Something Sebring should have done for the 60th on their own.

              Pour le Sport,

              Roger Linton
              Valley Forge, PA
            • Erskine Kelly
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2012
                Deshon and his co-driver, Fritz Koster, were the winners of the S750 class, driving a Crosley Hot Shot entered by Victor Sharpe, Jr. at the Sam Collier Memorial 6 hour race on 31 December 1950.  His entry was tied for 15th place overall with three other entries that completed 89 of the 109 laps.

                The overall winners were Fred Wacker and Frank Burrell co-driving an Allard J2 Cadillac, entered by Fred.

                Rick Kelly
                Oklahoma City