Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: A Lot of History Needs A Home

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2012
      Cool answer...........

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 6:16 PM
      Subject: RE: [Marlboro_Raceway] Re: A Lot of History Needs A Home

      Rick,
      It's a long story.  But as Jimmy Buffet says in Margarettaville "some people say, there's a woman to blame but I know that it's my own damn fault".  LOL

      Don Haines
      808-989-0047

      Visit my Flickr site at:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/42079599@N02/sets/

      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
      From: rollingthunder78@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:12:59 -0500

      Don

      Why in the world did you go there in the first place?  It's almost equivalent weather where you were and I'm not talking about Maryland...........

      From: donaldfrye2001@...
      Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:43:24 +0000

      Hi Don:

      it's a shame we couldn't have gotten together back then. I've been here 30+ years.

      Wow! 40 miles makes laps around the island. What's your best lap time?

      Cheers.

      Don

    • Sam_Smith01@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 23, 2012
        I made my contribution to the land fill last year -- "R&T" magazines back to 1949 :-|

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 25, 2012
          I should do the same with my issues of Forza, MotorSport and Vintage Motorsport, but I can't bring myself to do it. Well, okay, maybe I will sell the Forzas...   ;-) Many  years ago I sold my collection of Sky & Telescope for $1,350, and it helped finance my going back to get my degree. The collection was compelte, from Volume 1, Number 1 to the 1980s...Somehwere around here I've got those half-size original issues of Vintage Motorsport. Boy, has that publication changed!
          Steve