Bill Dobbins photo project status

  • laprecord44
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2012
      technical problems have me temporarily stalled @ the 1 yard line to complete the scanning phase of this project

      the good news is that all of the Marlboro photos we have have been scanned

      this archives includes many photos from most events at Marlboro from 1966 thru the end in 1969

      there are even some driver's school & autocross photo sets & a couple races were either never photographed or are missing, most notably the 1967 Trans Am & 1 National in 1968 if I recall

      I am also doing a backup tonight (a long story) before I do some work on cleaning up the archives

      the other good news is, while I cogitate on the technical issue that stands in the way of completing the last couple events in 1970 & 71, I'll start posting new photos here, as I go thru the images (I really haven't had time to review them myself)

      I have some outstanding & standing requests & will keep others in mind as I go thru the images once the backup is completed tomorrow morning

      I will also be putting together a spreadsheet by year listing the various events & an image count

      stay tuned
    • Robert Hines
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2012
        Fantastic.  Its great that todays technology allows these great historical pictures to be saved and then shared by all of us.  Bill was a great photographer.

        Bob Hines