???? email

  • charlesd
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
      Did anyone get a questionable email supposedly from Sue Roethel noting she was in Madrid and needed cash?? Has anyone "hacked" Sue's email?? Will forward text if needed... Charlie
    • Robert Hines
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
        SPAM.   I have received two of these both from other large groups that I belong to.  DONT SEND CASH.

      • Yuccaseed@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
          Forget it, It happens alot, I lost my wallet.....
          I`m sure it BS

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
            Aloha Charles,

            This is a common scam. Someone you know claims to be stranded somewhere and needs cash ASAP, will repay of course. The eMail is not from the person you know, but has their name on it. If you send money it is gone.

            I did not get the message.

          • sbroethel@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
              Thanks everyone.  I was hacked!!  All is well.  Sorry for the problems cause.

              Sue

              In a message dated 12/9/2011 1:37:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, scshmoo@... writes:

              Aloha Charles,

              This is a common scam. Someone you know claims to be stranded somewhere and needs cash ASAP, will repay of course. The eMail is not from the person you know, but has their name on it. If you send money it is gone.

              I did not get the message.

              On 9 Dec 2011, at 06:34, charlesd wrote:

              > Did anyone get a questionable email supposedly from Sue Roethel noting she was in Madrid and needed cash?? Has anyone "hacked" Sue's email?? Will forward text if needed... Charlie

            • charles doerge
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
                Sue,    Thought everything was ok, but it never hurts to check, Very happy all is well. Merry Christmas!    Best Regards,    Charlie

                www.yenkostinger.com
                The first and original website for Yenko Stingers
                Over 53,400 "hits" as of 11/1/2011!!
                Still #1 on Google search engine

                Author of "Don Yenko And The Yenko Stinger"
                Published by Possum Valley Publishing and printed in the U.S.A.

                IN GOD WE TRUST

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011

                  On 12/9/2011 7:28 PM, sbroethel@... wrote:
                  Thanks everyone.  I was hacked!!  All is well.  Sorry for the problems cause.

                  Sue
                  Glad all is well. Tell us all about Spain this time of year. I hear it's pretty cheap on the coast in the winter ...
                • Don Haines
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 9, 2011
                    I didn't get the scam email.  But if I had, I'd have wondered:  "What the heck are you doing in Spain.. running with the bulls?"   LOL

                    Don Haines
                    Oahu, HI
                    808-989-0047

                    Visit my Flickr site at:

                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42079599@N02/sets/

                    To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                    From: sbroethel@...
                    Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:28:50 -0500

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
                      Thanks. Don  I'd probably respond that I was checking it out it as did so many people. I received the same letter about a month ago.  Sue

                      In a message dated 12/9/2011 11:32:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, gtracer66@... writes:

                      I didn't get the scam email.  But if I had, I'd have wondered:  "What the heck are you doing in Spain.. running with the bulls?"   LOL

                      Don Haines
                      Oahu, HI
                      808-989-0047

                      Visit my Flicker site at:

                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/42079599@N 02/sets/

                      To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com
                      From: sbroethel@...
                      Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:28:50 -0500

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
                        Happy Birthday, Sue.  I've gotten three or four of those scam attemtps myself. At least two on this Marlboro group and at least one on my DC Region e-mail.
                        'Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Are you coming to the DC Region awards banquet in january?
                        Steve Lloyd

                        From: sbroethel@...
                        Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:28:50 -0500

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
                          Happy Birthday Sue

                          Don Haines
                          From Oahu

                          To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

                          From: sbroethel@...
                          Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 20:28:50 -0500

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 10, 2011
                            You're lookin' good for 39!

                            Hope you're enjoying the sun and fun in Spain.

                            Cheers, Bob in Kansas City going through snow flurries ...

                            On 12/10/2011 12:41 PM, Don Haines wrote:

                            Happy Birthday Sue

                            Don Haines
                            From Oahu

                            To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com