How about a Book!

  • bstorck@sprynet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2006
      There are a lot of folks writing books about local speedways, and Marlboro
      certainly deserves one. We certainly have a wealth of information to draw
      from, and many myths and misinformation to sort out.

      I'd suggest collaborative effort, with a few folks putting together an
      overview root section, followed by pages or sections on some of the key
      events: (six and twelve hours, Trans Am, Snowball Derby, Mini
      introduction); Teams and persons (Group 44, Lavender Hill Mob, Team Turtle,
      Toad Hall, Dr. Dick, Winkler, Hobbs, Torpy, Sherman, Mandelson, The
      Roethels . . . I could go on and on); and finally the notables who appeared
      there. It would be great to have a listing of the events held there,
      including Solos and if possible, non-SCCA events.

      http://mail2web.com/ .