Marlboro race results

  • Ray Fleming
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011
      I'm trying to find complete race results for every DP and EP race, both regional and national, as well as driver's schools, from 1-1-63 through 12-31-65. Can anyone suggest any websites, publications, etc.??

      Thanks, Ray Fleming, Taneytown, MD
    • Craig Wheeldon
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2011
        Here's a good start: http://www.racingsportscars.com/track/archive/Marlboro.html.  Driver's schools will be especially tough to find, unless the results might be included in Regional newsletters from the time.

        Regards,

        Craig Wheeldon
        Maple Ridge, BC

        I'm trying to find complete race results for every DP and EP race, both regional and national, as well as driver's schools, from 1-1-63 through 12-31-65. Can anyone suggest any websites, publications, etc.??

        Thanks, Ray Fleming, Taneytown, MD

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Marlboro_Raceway-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Marlboro_Raceway-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • sbroethel@aol.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2011

            Ray,

            For Marlboro results you may want to check:

            Library of Congress – They have a number of period automotive publications in either hard copy or microfilm format. Your best sources for SCCA National & Regional results may be National Speed Sport News, Sports Car Graphic and Sports Car. These are all there, although some are more complete collections than others.

            DC Public Library – The MLK Branch has newspaper archives for a number of active and defunct Washington DC newspapers including The Post, Times, Star, Daily News, etc. in microfilm format. I have had good luck with Ev Gardner’s column in The Daily News. Race reporting and coverage on Marlboro varies greatly, but on occasion, it does contain detail.

            Local Library – As an example, the Fairfax County Public Library holds the Washington Post and Road & Track on microfilm.

            The other publication that may contain some results is Competition Press (now Autoweek). The only complete collection of this era I know of is at the Detroit Public Library. They will research a subject for a fee. I have used them and found their fees reasonable and service timely.

            Another source is a company called Sports Car Scan. They scan and produce searchable DVD’s for some period publications like; Today¹s Motor Sport, Competition Press, Motor Sports Journal, MotoRacing, and West Coast Sports Car Journal. Advertised costs for these run from $300 - $500. I have never used them; only know of them through their website http://www.sportscarscan.com/ .

            Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

            Mike Matune

          • Ray Fleming