Re: Fwd: [Marlboro_Raceway] Looking for photos

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Sam misunderstood my comments and I apologize to anyone else who stumbled over my clumsy prose. We've talked off line, and I've clarified to his satisfaction.

      Entirely the opposite.

      Guys like Sam have the true spirit of vintage racing, reliving the way we remember it, and sharing their love.

      The other guys are feeding their warped egos ... and usually doing a bad job of it!

      Cheers, Bob

      On 9/30/2011 9:03 PM, sam_smith01@... wrote:

      Hi Bob,

      I do prefer that people smile rather then cry <a clown by definition;> -- my Alfa is prepared as well as I can make or pay to make it so - far better then when I bought it in 93 --Tivvy JR Bob Williams Steve Earle Ralph Whaley have ALL passed "Luigi" as safe to race -- I am sure better drivers could do much better with the car but then I would not have the enjoyment I waited over forty years for!
      Please direct your scorn elsewhere

      Sam Smith

      I helped at tech, timing and scoring, corner working and helped anyone who need help at Marlboro Raceway from 1961 to 69