Re: [Marlboro_Raceway] Race results at Marlboro

  • Erskine Kelly
    Message 1 of 46 , Jun 18, 2011
      Hi guys,

      I found this photo while looking for something else (Billy Pearce, 1911) -

      Frank Baptista in his Lotus 11 - late 1957 or early 1958.

      When he and I were working together he kept his Lotus stripped down to the Aluminum.

      This is obviously a photo after he hired on to Continental Motors as service manager.

      Rick Kelly
      Oklahoma City

      On Oct 30, 2010, at 1:33 AM, scshmoo@... wrote:

      Hi Chris,

      I bought US military belts (three inch, cam lock) at the surplus store for $5 as
      I recall. That would have been around 1959. Anchored them under the frame
      through quarter inch plate.

      Kauai, HI

      Chris Picot wrote:

      > How about those seat belts for $11.95 in the fourth image.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > On 10/29/2010 10:08 PM, scshmoo@... wrote:
      > > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from scshmoo@... included below]
      > >
      > > Hi Rick,
      > >
      > > Attached are scans of the Sports Car story about the Hagerstown races in
      > > 1955.
      > >
      > > Yahoo will probably strip these images off the message so if anyone is
      > > interested you will have to go to the Yahoo pictures area to read the
      > > article.
      > >
      > > Best wishes,
      > >
      > > David Seielstad
      > > Kauai, HI
      > >
      > > Rick Kelly wrote >>>
      > > There was a serious accident at the Hagerstown event when a 300SL got on wet
      > > grass and crashed into the rear of the pits. It hit a Bentley that was
      > > parked,
      > > and one spectator got two broken
      > > legs - lucky for the rest of the people in the pits. It slid directly in
      > > front
      > > of me and hit the Bentley two or three cars away from me.
      > >
      > > Now that I think about it, Hagerstown had to be my first race. We were
      > > connected with Frank Baptista at Cumberland, where he was racing his
      > > Lotus Mark
      > > IX, not painted, thus polished
      > > aluminum. I had not met him when I was at the Hagerstown race.

    • Erskine Kelly
      Message 46 of 46 , Jun 18, 2011