Sebring 1959 anyone?

  • mgamike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      OK, slightly off subject, but what better group to ask? I have
      recently found and purchased one of the MGA factory team cars from
      Sebring 1959. It is in miserable condition and will require total
      restoration. I'm hoping that perhaps someone in the forum will have
      either gone to Sebring in 1959 or know of someone who did as I am
      looking for any photos/films/slides of the MGAs at Sebring in 1959.
      There were 4 MGAs there that year and unfortunately due to the poor
      condition, and several resprays, I can not determine which car it is.
      I'm hopefull that photos might provide a clue as to a haybale scrape
      or differetly positioned signaling light or something that would tell
      me which car mine is. I doubt this car ever raced at Marlboro as I
      believe it was sent to the SF area after Sebring.

      Any help greatly appreciated and feel free to contact me off list so
      as not to clog up this venue w/non Marlboro stuff.

      Thanks, Michael