slightly off topic

    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2011
      Gentlefolk,

      Vintage racing, West Coast style

      laprecord.com photos from last week's 1-day, mid-week test session at Laguna Seca

      There were plenty of good cars not even pictured

      ANYWAY....

      I could use some help identifying this car, which was not on the entry list, as I work on the text for this edition

      http://laprecord.com/Part-351-HMSA-LS/Chap-03/Pg-05.htm

      Thanx in advance,

      Steve K
    • Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2011
          Bob, Great photos. Awesome race cars. Is that Laguna Seca? When I retired my Kelly "V" in 70' I moved to northern Ca., The Santa Cruz area, and saw many excellent races there. Thanks for keeping me in "the loop".
          I haven't heard anything since attending the Marlboro reunion last year @ Summit Point.
          Best regards, Les Robertson

          To: Marlboro_Raceway@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2011
              Aloha Steve,

              This is probably 0702.

              It was a Scuderia Askolin (Sweden) when new then Bjurstrom then Buck Fulp and later Maj. Cooper. In 1990 it was restored and all yellow. It also has the Scaglietti badge in the right location and the correct vents on the left side.

              As of 2000 it belonged to Gnutti in Italy. Looks like it has been repainted because the inside of the fenders and vents is now yellow. It was black in 1990. All of Gnutti's race decals have been removed also.

              Do not know who owns it today.