Poster/Program for 1961 Marlboro Twelve Hour

  • cgaysu
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 6:19 PM
      Good evening,

      My research on the Pontiac Tempests that competed in the 1961 Marlboro Twelve Hour continues. For my presentation to the Pontiac owners club, I am trying to find a copy of either the event program or poster. A scan would do as I don't actually need an original.

      On a related note, does anyone have a copy of "The Straight Pipe" with coverage of the event? Again a scan would be sufficient.

      Thanks,

      Mike Matune
    • scshmoo@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26 10:46 PM
      Hi Mike,

      Will send you three race reports about the event. The Pontiacs got a lot of ink
      due to the transaxle problems.

      The Sports Car Graphic report is the best regarding coverage of the Pontiacs.
      See attached.

      Not sure Yahoo will let me send these to the group and I do not know how to
      upload them to the albums location.

    • scshmoo@earthlink.net
      Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26 10:51 PM
      Hi Mike,

      Comp Press Report

      Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26 10:52 PM
      Hi Mike,

      Sports Car report.

      Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27 6:04 AM
        David,

        Thanks for all your hard work researching and scanning all of this, it has been very helpful. It is interesting to see the different prospective from each publication as they cover the same event. Taken as a whole, they represent a broad picture of the happenings that October day nearly 50 years ago. Thanks to you and others, this history will remain intact.

        Take care,